Knowledgeable California DUI/DWI Firm Protects Drivers' Rights
Committed lawyer defends clients in the San Bernardino area against criminal prosecution
Being convicted of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated can have serious consequences, including loss of license, higher insurance costs, heavy fines and jail time. If you were stopped and charged with a DUI/DWI in the San Bernardino area or anywhere in California, we are here to help. Our attorney understands that good people can make mistakes and that breathalyzers can give false readings. At the Law Offices of James R. Dickinson, we have the knowledge necessary to challenge the evidence against you, and the ability to help you pursue the best possible outcome.
Skilled California advocate challenges drunk driving charges
The attorney at the Law Offices of James R. Dickinson may be able to have charges thrown out by demonstrating that an equipment or procedural error resulted in an unfair charge. We will examine whether or not law enforcement followed proper protocol in regard to:
- The stop — Police must be able to demonstrate that they pulled you over based on "reasonable suspicion" that you were acting in violation of the law.
- The sobriety test — There are specific rules that police must follow when administering field sobriety tests, including when measuring blood alcohol concentration (BAC).
- The equipment — Breathalyzer machines have provided inaccurate results in the past, and their reliability can be questioned.
- The arrest — For an arrest to be valid, an officer must have probable cause.
- The evidence — Blood samples and other types of evidence must be stored in certain conditions in order to maintain their integrity.
Our DUI attorney will strive to get you the respect you deserve and the results you desire.
Contact an experienced California law firm for help fighting a DUI/DWI
If you have been arrested for DUI or DWI, a qualified defense attorney can advocate for charges to be dismissed or reduced. Call the Law Offices of James R. Dickinson in San Bernardino today at 909-848-8448 or contact us online to set up a free consultation.